Donnerstag, 9. Oktober 2008

My Journey My Memory My Soul (2:21 min.)


Frieze Film 2008: Road Movie is a four-part film created by artists and film-makers that was produced on YouTube. An experiment in film-making, the final result is a film made in an entirely new way: the first multi-authored fractal film assembled by the artists and curator out of the sum of the submitted parts.
Inspired by Cormac McCarthy’s 2006 novel The Road, the project uses the road as a leitmotif for a non-linear journey through the post-apocalyptic landscape.
Frieze Foundation 2008

___________________________________________________

The Road inspired me to make my own journey. I believe: An ashen post-apocalyptic landscape would evoke my memories - how it has been before. A grey and dark scenery would evoke colours behind my eyes, flowers, all of the lost beauty. These images give hope - I think this is what will happen to almost everybody.

What is left, are my journey, my memories, and my soul - indestructible.

Official contribution to Road Movie, Frieze Film and Channel 4 for 6. Frieze Art Fair, London

Keine Kommentare: